Monday, February 22, 2010

Ack! I missed last week's blog....sorry!

Hi All:

I just realized that I missed last week's blog....crap, and only like 3 weeks into my new Resolution.  Can I get a pass for having 2 blog posts last week?  Pretty please?

Anyway...the past week or so has been all about my new Vintage Romance Collection - antique and vintage jewelry repurposed with new crystal and gemstone accents highlighting gorgeous antique chandelier crystals.  Will have some sneak peek pics at the end of this post so you can see what I mean.  Gorgeous one of a kind pieces for modern brides - something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

As a bride, I remember how hard it was to fill that bill - and so this collection addresses at least 2 if not 3 of those for goodluck on a wedding day.

Let's see what else?  Um, the photographeress of lusciousness, Rachel, came over last Friday to catch me up on all my new designs and am working on Etsy each morning to add the new listings.  After the photos had all been clicked and stored - Rachel, Gold-Spangled Angie and I went into the Old Market in the snow...which was weird, I try to avoid driving while it's actively snowing.  Went antique jewelry shopping and found SO much cool stuff.  Amazing.  Carved ivory flower beads from the 1920's...I do not agree with killing elephants for their tusks... these are antiques and I feel that using them provides beauty and pays honor to those animals that died so long ago.

My most amazing find of the day - pale yellow faceted crystal oval bead necklace from the 1930's - this color is VERY rare and all the graduated beads were in pristine shape, except for a small flaw on one of the larger beads.  Gorgeous.

So here are some pics of the pieces I have completed so far.  Brides, look for them on Etsy - Vintage Romance Bridal - more designs added every day and custom orders are welcome.


Orange Blossom Necklace - $95


Daisy Haircombs - $35


Hydrangea Necklace - $86


Cabbage Roses Necklace - $57


Gladiolas Necklace - $57




Hope you enjoy!
Leah :-)

No comments: