Friday, May 1, 2009

Summits of Awesome on Etsy

Hi All -

I awoke with anticipation today, and ran into my studio to log onto the computer...because it's the beginning of Etsy's Summits of Awesome. Can I get a woohoo? WOO HOO! Oh yeah! A couple days of summits on everything from Branding to promotions, and social networking sites, etc...plus a shop critique in there too.

So here's what's on the agenda for the next couple of days as your favorite redheaded jewelry designer seeks to mind meld with all those lovely crafty people at Etsy to help bring Wind Dancer and Reyna Red to the next level.

Fri - 10:30am was the Networking thru Social Networking sites. This was a truly invaluable session, lots of get resources scribbled mad-bomber like on my steno pad next to the laptop.

Fri - 1:30pm Branding/Identity - how to differientiate myself from the thousand of other great jewelry artists...I mean yes, my mum thinks I'm special but how to make the internet community at large think this too?

Fri - 6pm - Critiques with the Sassy Team on Etsy - the mavens of cool, the harbingers of hotness if you will...help sellers like me with suggestions on how to improve our shops and give other advice.

***************
Sat. - 9am Product Lines - Learning to optimize product lines - what to offer and how to market those products effectively. So far my giant human billboard approach hasn't worked, although I have got some pervy comments along with phone numbers. Nice!

Sat. 1:30pm Selling Online - Tips to help sellers link and connect with potential customers in the great wide expanses of this lovely world called the Internet....without nudity and 900 numbers.

Sun. 10am - Craft Booth Display - How to present a fun and professional craft booth to draw the eye and steal customers from your neighbor (I'm only kidding!) But seriously...a craft booth display could be a very covert way to take over the world. uh oh...and there's my neurosis showing....quick, look over there!!

So anyway...that is my weekend in a nut shell. Well that and working on new luxury items for my Bridal collection....on the hunt for truely spectacular gold fill chain for a citrine and rock crystal necklace I am work on.

And now onto the abject begging portion of the blog post - Check out my amazing designs at http://www.winddancerdesigns.etsy.com

Toodles!
Leah :-)

No comments: