Ok...brace yourself for a pregnant lady rant.
I understand that a pregnant belly seems to give off vibes of, "touch it. Touch it. TOUCH IT." But what I fail to understand is taking that odd compulsion and randomly touching a stranger's belly, just because she's pregnant.
Imagine a scenario - random strange guy walks up to a woman and just touches her. At the very least he would get yelled at, probably slapped, and possibly arrested. And baring mental illness, a fully functioning person, man or woman, should be able to cognitively reason prior to reaching out a hand and laying it on a woman's belly. Thinking process should include: 1. Do I know her? 2. Would I like someone to randomly touch me?...and 3. Do I want to be slapped today?
After answering all those questions "no", it's time to back away from the hormonal pregnant woman who probably has no qualms about beating you over the head with a very large purse.
I mean, I don't get all up in your bidzness, touching your bits because they seem interesting...so what makes you think I want some random guy that I don't know touching my bits. Without asking. Hell, even if you ask... Creepy random guy stranger danger...hello.
So after my first brush with this I have come up with rules regarding the belly.
The Belly Rules
1. Don't reach out a hand and raise your eyebrows - use your words. So then I can use mine.
2. Just because you think my belly is interesting - doesn't mean I have to let you investigate it.
3. I don't care if it is the miracle of life - whilst it is encompassed within my personal space, I am the supreme ruler, queen and rebel leader...what I say goes.
4. Just because someone else some other time let you - doesn't mean I have to.
5. If I don't know you - the answer is always no.
6. Respect the perimeter, SON!
And on that note - I am off to design a t-shirt that says, "Handing out slaps one touch at a time" across the belly.