Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The great nursery CLEAN-OUT caper continues...

So I have made some major headway cleaning out the room we're making into a nursery - it was the guestroom/storage up until now.  The double bed has been dismantled, ready to be stored in the basement once hubby and me get the mattresses wrapped in plastic. 

I have spent the last week or so going through the MASSES of clothes, shoes, hats, bags, etc I managed to accumulate over an adult lifetime, and have filled about 15 trashbags with the discards.

We've picked out the furniture that we want - it's really beautiful, but we are going to wait for those glorious Memorial Day sales to get it. 


 We went and picked out the new wall color for the room too - this really soft, warm oatmeal color. 

Since we don't know what we are having yet, and we have a primary color theme regardless, it's a color that will work how ever old the kid gets.

I've made a few purchases already - mostly clothes: onesies, swaddles, bibs/burp clothes...things you can never have too many of.

And books.  Starting to amasse a collection of children's books - mostly the ones I remember from my own childhood.  My mum saved a bunch of them, and she's sending out what she has found.

We also picked out the bedding set/nursery decor that we want.  Dr. Seuss!!  I love Dr. Seuss...who doesn't.  A friend, (thank you Kris!) found this great baby bedding website that has every possible style you could ever imagine. 


The registries are filled out - stuck with Babies R Us and Target to make it simple. 

My brother is expecting his first child too this year, in July, so the cousins will be really close in age. Found out Monday it's a girl!  So have a wee niece to spoil too.  Super excited! 

Bought my first pair of mommy jeans since warmer weather is hopefully just around the corner.  And I have to say...maternity pants are just not comfortable...and they look weird. 

Maybe suspenders are the way to go - because without an ass of my very own to hold pants up and only a weird elastic band between me and mooning everyone...could be a recipe for disaster.

No comments: