Friday, May 21, 2010

Home renovations - Newly completed Sunroom




I have been working on my home while my husband is deployed.  The current project was the upstairs sunroom off his office.  The plan was to make a library/reading room with cushy chairs, but somewhat more masculine space. 

Here's what I did.  There is a dark military blue on the walls, which was balanced by a white ceiling, window casings and baseboards.  The window treatments I kept from the previous owners - they are  gorgeous golden natural reeds, which I liked the texture of.  And the color was a good contrast to the blue on the walls.

The chairs proved the most difficult items to find.  Several weeks of searching found a pair of black leather club chairs with a subtle Art Deco flavor....plus on clearance...so much the better. 






Painted an old oak bookcase solid white with a gloss finish and added an old white printer stand as an end table. 



Accents were found all over:  matte black lantern, pillows, lovely outdoor rug (also on clearance, yay!), and routed signs  (family and relax) kept my favorite picture of the both of us from our honeymoon.















All in all - I am very happy with how it came out.

No comments: